Fasting and Feasting is our theme for Lent and Easter 2022. In this video, Dan explains what's happening and why ...
Suggested resources to help you go deeper with God this Lent as part of fasting:
- Pete Greig's new book "How to hear God: a simple guide for normal people". Great for those who want to get better at discerning God's still, small voice from all the distractions around us. RRP £14.99, but we're selling it for £8.50. The book is also available in kindle edition directly from amazon.
- 24-7 prayer's 5-session video course "Be still: a simple guide to quiet times". You can do this by yourself, or with others. Each session includes a short teaching video, some questions for reflection / discussion, and a practical challenge. Ideal for those who want to develop or deepen a daily habit of spending time with God. Available here (free).
- The Lectio365 app for your smart phone or tablet - a short devotion each day mixing Scripture, prayer and reflection. Many in our church already enjoy either reading or listening to this. Available here (free).
Suggested resources if you want to study the why and how of fasting in more detail:
- A short introductory blog from Georgia on fasting.
- Sermon series from John Mark Comer and Bridgetown Church which includes a discussion on eating disorders, fasting and healing.
- "God's chosen fast" by Arthur Wallis
- "Celebration of discipline" by Richard Foster
- A TED talk on the benefits to cognitive function of fasting