In the Community
Jesus said that the two most important commands are to love God (with all our heart, soul, mind and strength) and love our neighbour (as ourselves). Our Sunday services are when we gather together to express our love for God; our work in the community is one way we express our love for our neighbours.
Our understanding of mission comes from the Bible, and is summed up in the ‘5 marks of mission’ used by Anglican churches. You can watch a brief introduction to the 5 marks of mission below, or listen to a sermon series on them.
The 5 marks of mission:
1. Tell: to proclaim the good news of the kingdom
2. Train: to teach, baptise and nurture new believers
3. Tend: to respond to human need by loving service
4. Transform: to seek to transform unjust structures from society
5. Treasure: to strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth
We have identified 7 mission focus areas which we work on together, and which you can read more about in this section.