Our discipleship triangle (up, in, out) reminds us that as a church, our calling is to:
• Go deeper with God
• Grow closer to each other
• Reach further with the gospel
The Church Council want some honest one-word appraisals of how we do those things as a church at the moment. eg
• Are you (or your small group) going deeper with God reluctantly or cautiously or boldly?
• Are you growing closer to each other warily or excitedly or slowly?
• Are you reaching further with Jesus’ good news gingerly or rapidly or miraculously?
The PCC also want some faith-filled one-word suggestions of how you would love us to be doing those things in a few years’ time. eg
• Do you want us to be going deeper with God expectantly or passionately or trustingly?
• Do you want us to be growing closer to each other sacrificially or vulnerably?
• Do you want us to be reaching further with the gospel boldly or creatively or enthusiastically?
Don’t use words which describe how we do these things at the moment. Choose one word for each part of our discipleship calling which you would love to see us move towards over the coming years.
Pray about this together, and fill in your answers below.
Thank you. We will take these words back to PCC for the next stage of our discussions.