Penny and Katy flew to Uganda on 30 January and return to Southampton on 21 February. They are in Uganda for their 14th visit, which is also their penultimate one. This visit is particularly significant as they have arranged a meeting with government officials involved with disability issues. The goal is to obtain government funding to meet the needs of disabled children in the villages. The Barbara Project team can demonstrate how such a service can be run and give an idea of costings.
Penny and Katy will be involved in assessment clinics in five villages, and repeat visits to some of these villages to issue equipment. On their three Sundays they will visit and give talks at each of three different churches: Bupadhengo, Matovu and Namusoga. At these churches they will share meals and spend time with special friends made over the years. They will spend a day visiting a school in Itukulu (a sub parish of Bupadhengo) where Enable Busoga has funded several significant improvements to the school buildings.
1. For a successful outcome from the meeting with government officials to ensure the work of the Barbara project will continue into the future.
2. For Benson and Steven (Ugandan colleagues on Barbara Team) as they face the reality of continuing the service when Penny and Katy hand over in 2022.
3. For safety in travel and good health.
4. For stamina especially when working in the heat of the mid-day sun under a tin roof!
5. For wisdom when they are placed in tricky situations (a frequent occurrence!) or have to make difficult decisions quickly.
6. That the work of the Barbara Project would continue to point the children and their families to the love of the Lord Jesus.
Penny Allen and Katy Barnes
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.