We'd love to see your faces!
We'd love you to be on camera - just for a few seconds!
We’re a community. I don’t know about you, but I’m missing seeing you all! (You’re probably getting sick and tired of seeing me and my bookcases on the screens on Sunday mornings!)
We’d love to create some content for our online services which reminds us of our diversity. That means we’d love to see you. Yes you. You might not think other people would want to see you, but we all want to see each other.
Here’s what we’d love you to do:
1. Take a selfie video of yourself / your household saying something like “Hi everyone” or “Hello church family” or “Hi St James’ by the Park”. i.e. it should be really brief! You can take the video indoors or outside - anywhere we can see your faces and hear you clearly. Remember to look directly at the camera lens (rather than your image on the screen if you’re taking a selfie) - and to smile and look pleased to see people! Hold the camera in landscape mode (rather than portrait), and to help the video editors, once you’ve hit ‘record’, pause for a few seconds before you start talking / waving / dancing etc. Then pause again for a few seconds before you press ’stop’.
2. Send the video to us. Either use whatsapp to send to 0770 959 2795 or use www.wetransfer.com to transfer the video to email@example.com - it’s pretty straight-forward (you’ll need to enter your email address and an authorisation code, but you don’t need to sign up forever!). Or if you’re familiar with using onedrive or dropbox etc then use those.
Need help taking the video or transferring it?
If you’re struggling to take the video, or to transfer it to us, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a phone number and we’ll try to help you out.
The small print - Safeguarding
As a church, we take the safeguarding (especially of our children and vulnerable adults) very seriously. Here’s what will happen with the videos you send:
* your individual video will be uploaded to a secure google drive folder, accessible only by me and the video editor(s)
* your individual video will be downloaded to the video editor’s own computer for them to edit all the videos together. They will then delete the individual videos from their computer.
* the finalised composite video will be shown in our online services on zoom and YouTube. Videos will remain on YouTube for 2 weeks after the service they’re shown at. If all goes well, we would show the composite video regularly over the coming months whilst we’re unable to gather in person.
* the finalised composite video will also be downloaded by our livestream hosts and stored there as long as we use them. Once we’ve stopped showing the composite video regularly, they’ll then delete them from their computers.
* all of our video editors and stream hosts have been ’safely recruited’ (with DBS checks etc) or are in the process of being safely recruited, but are already well known to us.
By submitting a video to us, you are agreeing that you’re happy with these safeguarding precautions.
Thank you - time to get your video cameras rolling! The sooner you send the videos in, the sooner we’ll all get to see your smiling faces and be reminded of the wonderful community that we are!
NB Can you think of any else near you (maybe an older person) who wouldn’t have the tech know-how to do this? It would be great if you could call round to their house and take a video of them and submit it on their behalf - as long as they’re happy with the safeguarding small print as well.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.